PKL Privacy Statement
PKL ABN 32069536438 (hereafter referred to as “us”, “we”, “our”) respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about This includes information such as your name, email address, identification number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
Collecting your personal information
The Policy relates to personal information collected by any means. It is our usual practice to collect this personal information directly from you. However, often your personal information is collected through use of our website or in response to our online advertisements or social media. Furthermore, there may be occasions when we receive personal information from a third party or a publicly available source.
The type of personal information we collect will depend on various factors such as the type of services you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. Typically, this information includes an applicant’s address, telephone number, sex, date of birth, employment history, educational qualifications, work performance, bank account details, tax file number, skills test results and other information relating to your career.
What personal information is
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (eg address, phone number and birth date). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal information includes sensitive information as defined in privacy legislation. It could include, for example, relevant information about your health status or information obtained lawfully via a criminal history check.
Under privacy laws we only collect personal information if it is necessary for the performance of one or more of our tasks or functions and, subject to the exceptions set out in privacy law, we would not collect sensitive information without your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by PKL for its own use and on behalf of other members of the PKL group, who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
How your information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you;
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical tests;
- We receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- You provide us with any additional information about you
How your information will be used
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Financials for payroll if you are a contractor
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to…
- Potential and actual employers and clients of PKL
- Other members of the PKL group
- Our insurers
- Superannuation services
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
If you do not give us the information we seek
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the APPs which are found in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth). You have a right to view a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact the Director whose details are shown above.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.